One of the BIGGEST mistakes people make in their weight loss efforts is drinking the very ingredients that will prevent them from losing fat - sugar, soy, artificially flavored syrup - all of these ingredients are a recipe for weight gain.
I see this A LOT whenever I run into my local Starbucks for an unsweetened green tea.
Some of the worst ones...
"Can I have a skinny soy latte?" Nope, nothing skinny about it.
"I’d like a frappuccino with extra whip." Oh boy, "extra" may mean "extra weight."
"Extra syrup please." You mean, extra pounds?
Instead, here are 3 absolutely delicious alternatives, only using ingredients ideal for fat loss.
Instead of a Starbucks Vanilla Latte have an "Isabel Latte":
- 1-2 cups French pressed coffee (preferably organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
In the warmer months, put the above recipe on ice for an Iced Latte...delicious!
Instead of a Starbucks Green Tea Latte have a "Green Tea Special":
- 2 cups green tea (I love jasmine green tea)
- 1/2 cup warmed almond milk
- Stevia or raw honey, to taste (optional)
Pulse in a blender for froth or use a hand immersion blender.
Instead of a Starbucks Frappuccino have a "Jeff’s Special Afternoon Pick-Me-Up" (appropriately named after my good friend and co-founder of Beyond Diet, Jeff):
- 2 heaping scoops of protein powder
- 1 large tablespoon Hemp Hearts
- 1-2 shots of espresso
- 5 big shakes of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or more, depending on how thick you want it)
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix. This is a phenomenal dose of protein and energy in the morning. You can have this as your breakfast or your mid morning snack.
So skip the nasty ingredients when it comes to fancy Starbucks drinks and try my tasty, delicious alternatives instead.