On beautiful days, I love taking my exercise routine outdoors. Give this workout a try!
Here's the routine:
I do each exercise one after the other in a circuit. Modify the routine and the weights to your current level of fitness (but don't wimp out, ok?). Take no more than 60 seconds of rest between exercises.
- Walk, Jog, or Run for 3 minutes.
- Walking Lunges - 20 reps total (10 each leg)
- Pushups - 10 reps (On your toes or knees)
- Step Ups - Body Weight or hold on to two dumbbells - 10 reps each leg
- Squat with Overhead Shoulder Press - 15 reps - (Hold on to two dumbbells. Squat down and then press the weights overhead as you come up from the squat)
- Tricep Pushups - 10 reps (On your toes or knees. Change your hand position closer together to focus more on the back of your arms)
Take a 1-2 minute breather, drink some water and then repeat the circuit 2-3 more times for a total of 3-4 times.
I find that the trick to keeping my workouts consistent is to always keep them fresh and interesting. Don't get into a rut of doing the same thing all the time especially when you can take your workouts outdoors.