I consider myself a pretty positive person, and I love teaching and showing people that when you are healthy, life just opens up for you! Don't get me wrong, life can still be challenging sometimes. But facing and dealing with life - the ups and downs - is sooooo much easier when you are eating healthy and taking care of yourself.
That is why I am beyond passionate about Beyond Diet. (Ha! Funny but true.). If you don't have your health, everything else in your life will be a struggle. And changing the way you eat is the most important way to improve your life, in my opinion.
But there are also many other ways you can improve your life, which is why I have compiled seven of my favorites for you. Think of it as one for each day of the week!
1. Plan for success. In order to accomplish most things in life, including weight loss, we need to plan. Healthy food won't magically arrive in your refrigerator, and you won't achieve a slimmer body by being best friends with junk food and your couch.
As a busy woman, I plan for success all the time. I plan my family's meals each week, buy the necessary food, and cook it. I also plan for exercise, dates with my hubby, and even when I am going to take my boys to the park.
2. I can't stress enough this next way to improve your life: Think positive! So many people have literally transformed themselves and their lives by shifting the way they think. Some of us don't even realize how negatively we talk to ourselves and others. Being negative is so self-destructive!
Focus on the positives, even when you don't think there are any. For many people who need to lose weight, listing the positives can be tough. But you have to accept yourself where you are in order to get where you want to go. Maybe you drink lots of water, walk around the block with your kids, or get the right amount of sleep each night. List and celebrate your successes!
3. And speaking of listing your successes, make sure to share your success with others! As we all know, weight is a very sensitive topic, even though many people struggle with it. Lean on me and your Beyond Diet community. Share your triumphs, no matter how small. Maybe you have given up soda or are walking for 20 minutes during your lunch break or cooking most of your meals at home. Remember, "a journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step."
4. I believe children are such great teachers, and they are certainly great examples of how to live a great life. Think about it - kids live in the moment, don';t worry about what is going to happen tomorrow, love to play, are creative, and get plenty of sleep.
5. Kids are also so curious about our world and tend to have open minds, which can be challenging for many adults. Be open to trying some new recipes on Beyond Diet or spend a Saturday at your local farmers market learning about new fruits and veggies. Experiment and have fun! And don't forget to laugh. Laughing is one of the best things for your spirit, and it's easy to do.
6. If your life needs some improving, try cultivating a new hobby or two. It can be anything from taking pictures to running 5Ks to hosting a weekly potluck dinner to show off all the yummy new foods you are eating. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies - I love to get lost in a good book or magazine. And I usually come away with an idea for at least one new article or blog for the Beyond Diet site, so it's productive, too!
Another idea for a cool hobby is to become a nutrition coach for your friends and family. After all, you have learned so much on Beyond Diet - why not share that information and help your loved ones get healthy?
7. I can't list ways to improve your life without including one of my favorites - being active! You don't have to work out three hours a day or run marathons, but you do need to move your body. Try my Fast 5 Fitness moves, take your dog on a walk each day, or sign up for a fun class at your local YMCA. Find whatever works for you and stick with it!
How have you improved your life lately? I'd love to hear about it!