I can’t believe how many people still ask me if there is a fat burning pill that they can take in conjunction with following this program. Let me say this loud and clear – NO! We do not live in Wonderland and we are not Alice down the rabbit hole. There is no magic pill that will burn fat and give you the body of a supermodel. It just doesn’t work that way and here is why:
- Dropping unwanted pounds takes exercise and proper nutrition
- Keeping weight off over a lifetime requires permanent lifestyle changes
- Pills are manufactured crutches that may give you short-term, immediate results, but can do great internal harm if taken over the long run.
I know that it’s hard to be patient and wait for the results you’re hoping to see, and I know that we live in an era where immediate gratification is the norm, but the long-term side effects of fat burners are definitely not worth the quick results.
With all that said, there are ways you can quickly drop a few pounds and cleanse your system all at the same time with no harmful internal side effects.
- Try a sugar cleanse. Sugar is the bane of our existence and I cannot tell you enough how horrible it is for our systems. This will be a tough step for many to take simply because most people don’t realize that sugar is added to nearly all processed foods. People are high on sugar nearly all day long because all they consume are prepackaged foods. Yes, there is sugar in most fruits and vegetables, but these sugars are simple sugars that our bodies recognize, utilize, and then get rid of. Eliminate sugar and you will easily drop a few pounds in a few weeks.
- Water, water, water. Water is the best beverage for anyone to drink – whether they’re dieting or not. Add a little squeeze of lemon to your water and you will begin to cleanse your liver and a clean liver equates a more efficient calorie burning body. If you want a little more spice, add some cayenne and you have yourself a real bowel cleansing beverage!
- Say bye-bye to wheat and dairy for a few weeks and just watch the pounds disappear. If you have read my other posts, you know that wheat and dairy are the major contributors to inflammation in our bodies which will make it nearly impossible to shed those unneeded pounds. Start by cutting all types of breads, crackers, cereals, and pastas as well as all processed dairy – milk, cheese, and flavored yogurt. Do this for at least two weeks and your weight loss goals will surely be met.
- Last, but not least, avoid all grains for two weeks or more. That means no oatmeal, quinoa, spelt, millet, or rice until you have reached your desired weight. I am by no means saying that grains are unhealthy, but temporarily eliminating them will increase your weight loss.
These are the healthiest and safest ways that I know of to drop a bit of weight in a short amount of time. There will be no damage to your internal systems and you will actually feel a lot better once you have completed a week or two of living with these tips. Add some resistance training and a bit of cardio and you will be on your way to the body you have always wanted. No pills required.