Spring and summer are fast approaching. This is a time when many people start to panic about how their bodies look in shorts, tank tops, bathing suits, etc. But have no fear! By following the simple principles of Beyond Diet, I promise you will be warm-weather ready before you know it.
1. My first tip is to start drinking water - and lots of it! I've said it so many times: If there was ever a "magic solution" to help you lose weight, water would be it. Not only will switching to water help you save money (have you ever tallied how much money you spend each month at Starbucks?) but it is also great for your body.
Water helps keep you hydrated, curbs your appetite, and helps keep you cool during the hot summer months. If you are not a big fan of plain water, try adding some lemon, strawberries, or cucumber. It really kicks up the taste!
2. If you want to look good in your swimsuit, you must cut out the processed food from your diet. Focus on fruits, veggies, lean protein, and healthy fats. Not only will the pounds drop off, but you will also feel so much better. As a bonus, you will have so much more energy! As a busy mom, wife, and business owner, I am pretty much always on the go, and having that extra fuel is essential. And because I truly do eat the Beyond Diet way, I am always ready for bathing-suit season!
3. Use your Success Journal! If you want to be successful at losing weight and keeping it off, I really encourage you to be diligent about writing down the food you eat and how your body responds to it. And remember, you won't have to do this forever. Once you figure out what foods make your body feel best, making the correct food choices will become second nature.
4. My next tip is to pre-plan your meals. This sounds so simple (it is!) and I can't tell you how helpful this is to losing weight. Many people tend to make poor food choices when they are hungry and don't have anything ready to grab from the fridge.
I suggest taking some time each Sunday to plan out your meals for the week, go grocery shopping, and cut up fresh fruit and veggies that you can easily pull from the fridge. I like to make kale chips that my son and I can nibble on throughout the day. I also always have some pre-cooked protein (eggs, chicken, etc.) available for my family.
5. In addition to pre-planning your meals, shift your mindset from "eating out" to packing healthy, yummy food to take with you when you are on the go. Bringing leftovers from dinner the night before is a great lunch option. If you know you are going to be away from the house for several hours, bring a snack (or your next meal) with you!
Along with spring and summer come shorts, which many people dread. If you want to lose even more weight and tone your legs (and your entire body!), make exercise a part of your life. If you don't have tons of time to work out, check out my Fast 5 Fitness program that you can do in the comfort of your own home in just five minutes.
Some basic moves that are included in my Fast 5 program are squats, lunges, and push-ups. Squats are so great for your lower-body muscles. The burning sensation you feel while squatting is letting you know that your hamstrings, glutes, quads, and even your lower back muscles are getting a great workout!
Lunges are another great lower-body workout. They work many of the same muscles that squats do and are great for strengthening your core muscles and improving your balance.
If you want to work out your entire body at once, try doing some push-ups! Push-ups work your chest, triceps, shoulders, and more, helping you achieve total-body strength.
Start using these tips today, and you'll have the beach body you've always wanted in no time!