A diet’s new best friend: The Grain-Free Cookbook
If you’ve purchased The Everyday Grain-Free Cookbook and are having trouble finding it, it’s under My Purchases (on the bottom left of the My Profile page) on BeyondDiet.com.
I've gotten some questions about the grain-free diet and I wanted to clear up a biggie for you, in case you’re one of the few still on the fence.
"Isabel," a few people have asked, "I heard that grain-free diets can be high in fat. Is that true?"
I just want to say that the low-fat diet fads of the '80s and '90s may have helped some people lose weight at first (that’s the key phrase: at first), but we've discovered that they're completely wrong for maintaining healthy, permanent weight loss. If you’ve been getting the Beyond Diet newsletter for any length of time, you know how important healthy fats are to your diet. They help make it possible for vitamins and nutrients to be absorbed by your body so you get the most from the other healthy food you eat.
I asked Kelsey to weigh in on this question, and she agrees it's important to balance the fats you get from nuts and almond flour with Omega-3s, but a diet rich in healthy fats is still better for you than a low-fat diet. Fats keep you feeling fuller longer, and staying satisfied keeps you from filling up on food that’s not good for you.
And while it’s true many other grain-free programs fill you up with sugar and too much fat, The Everyday Grain-Free Cookbook is filled with balanced, low-sugar recipes – many of them can even be made dairy free! That’s what makes Kelsey’s recipe book such a good fit with Beyond Diet – we think alike!
Another question I’ve received is requests for sample recipes. Well, I’ve received Kelsey’s permission to go one better and GIVE you 2 of her best-loved recipes for free! Hope you enjoy making these delicious grain-free goodies.
Grain-Free Cranberry Coffee Cake
(from the forthcoming "Grain-Free Sweets & Treats")
This recipe has a lot of cinnamon, which is great for regulating blood sugar and fighting inflammation. ;) It's dairy free, naturally sweetened, and totally delicious!
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 - 1/3 cup raw honey (use 1/3 cup if you want it a bit sweeter)
2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup fresh cranberries*
1 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup raw honey
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
2. Grease an 8-inch pie tin well with butter or coconut oil, and set it aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the eggs, honey, melted oil, vanilla, and applesauce and mix well to completely combine.
4. Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda and give it a few good stirs – the coconut flour will get clumpy, so allow it to "soak" for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until you can work it into a smooth batter. Finally, stir it well so no lumps remain.
5. Add the cranberries to the batter and mix well to combine. Pour the batter into the greased pie tin and smooth it out to the edges of the tin with the back of a spoon.
6. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and mix until completely combined. Spoon the topping evenly over the batter, pressing it down slightly into the batter.
7. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until the edges are deep golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean (with maybe a few moist crumbs on it).
*If you only have access to dried cranberries, cut the amount to about 1/2 a cup.
Sassy Balsamic Marinade
If you're feeling stuck in a "chicken rut," just pull out the whisk and whip up a quick batch of Sassy Balsamic Marinade.
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 teaspoon raw honey
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to completely combine.
Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces, toss it in a bowl with the marinade, and let it sit in the fridge for 20-30 minutes (alternatively, you could leave the chicken breasts or thighs whole and marinate them a little longer, 45-60 minutes, or marinate over night).
Though my friends and family have come to expect it from me, I always like hearing from members when they "sneak" healthy food to parties and dinners. These two recipes are perfect for introducing friends to grain-free, gluten-free, good-for-you food that tastes absolutely amazing!
>> Make delicious GRAIN FREE recipes that help you lose weight <<
There are LOTS more recipes like this in The Everyday Grain-Free Cookbook, plus Kelsey’s generously including her best tips and advice with every order. Order your downloadable copy today!
>> Get The Everyday Grain-Free Cookbook right now! <<