Get the fat-loss updates
By clicking Sign Up
The Most Important Person to Show Love to Every Day
Of course there is nothing wrong with wanting to lose weight and completely transform your body and health. That is actually a great place to be, because it means you are ready to make positive changes. But in order to get where you are going, you have to start where you are!
People often break down humans into three parts: mind, body, and spirit. In order to be your best self, you have to nurture all three. Here are 5 ways to do just that.
- Being patient with yourself is one way to love yourself. If you have recently started Beyond Diet, please understand that you are not going to change overnight! You are learning new information and re-training yourself to eat the right way. You can’t possibly expect that you will transform yourself in a day, a week, or even a month. New habits take time!
Even I didn’t change overnight. It took me about three years to transition to a totally organic kitchen. Hey, I am a busy woman! There is no set timeline for becoming a healthy person. As long as you are diligently working toward your diet goals, you are doing just fine.
The same goes for exercise. If you have not been in the habit of exercising, going for a two-hour run is a sure way to injure yourself. Figuring out which types of exercise you enjoy the most also takes time. Test out different classes and exercise at different times of the day until you figure out what works best for you. Maybe you prefer to do two quick workouts a day instead of one long one. That’s fine!
- Another way to love yourself is by pampering yourself. Now, some people hear the word “pamper” and think it involves an expensive day at the spa. It certainly can, but that is just not realistic for most people on a regular basis.
Before you can pamper yourself, you have to figure out what brings you joy and helps you relax. Maybe it is a date night with your husband or wife a few times a month, curling up with a good book or magazine for a few hours on Saturday mornings, making a few great recipes from Beyond Diet, completing a DIY home renovation project, going to a movie or concert, window shopping, or even just taking thirty minutes for yourself to drink a cup of tea each day!
Once you figure out your definition of “pampering,” incorporate it into your daily or weekly schedule. Make it work! Doing loving, kind things for yourself (not just for your spouse or kids or animals or boss) teaches you that you are worth taking care of.
- Self-acceptance is a vital part of self-love. Think of someone you love unconditionally. This could be your pet, your partner, your best friend, your kids, your parents, your sibling…anyone! Keeping that same person in mind, think of a few of their flaws. (Believe me, if they are alive, they have flaws!) Do their flaws diminish your love for them? Of course not! Do you even secretly kind of love some of their flaws – especially those of your kids or pets? Now think of yourself the same way and give yourself that same unconditional love, warts and all!
- Another way to show yourself some love is to let the past be past. We all make mistakes. The trick is to learn from them so you can grow and change! So what if your entire family has been overweight your entire life? So what if you are [insert your age here] years old? It’s never too late to change for the better! Your life, including your weight, doesn’t have to be the way it’s always been.
- Finally, learn to trust yourself! Have confidence in your ability to lose weight and become a healthy, happy person. With Beyond Diet, you have all the tools necessary to change your life. I, along with tons of other members, believe that you can do whatever you set your mind to!
How about you? Do you feel loving yourself is self-indulgent or vital to your emotional and physical well-being?