Outdoor Saturday Workout
On beautiful days, I love taking my exercise routine outdoors. Give this workout a try!
Here's the routine:
I do each exercise one after the other in a circuit. Modify the routine and the weights to your current level of fitness (but don't wimp out, ok?). Take no more than 60 seconds of rest between exercises.
1. Walk, Jog or Run for 3 minutes.
2. Walking Lunges - 20 reps total (10 each leg)
3. Pushups - 10 reps (On your toes or knees)
4. Step Ups - Body Weight or hold on to two dumbbells - 10 reps each leg
5. Squat with Overhead Shoulder Press - 15 reps - (Hold on to two dumbbells. Squat down and then press the weights overhead as you come up from the squat)
6. Tricep Pushups - 10 reps (On your toes or knees. Change your hand position closer together to focus more on the back of your arms)
Take a 1-2 minute breather, drink some water and then repeat the circuit 2-3 more times for a total of 3-4 times.
I find that the trick to keeping my workouts consistent is to always keep them fresh and interesting. Don't get into a rut of doing the same thing all the time especially when you can take your workouts outdoors.